Protect your home from break ins
Published on June 13, 2022
Break-ins occur more often in the summer. Thanks to these tips from L'Unique General Insurance, you can reduce the risk of burglary and enjoy your summer to the fullest.
Nothing can put a damper in the summer fun than a break-in in your home. Have you considered an alarm system that's connected to a central monitoring station? As an added bonus, this option could lower your insurance premiums. There are other effective solutions to help reduce the risk of break-ins. Here are a few:
1. Lock all the doors and windows, even if you’re home.
We spend a lot of time barbecuing and eating meals on the patio, and often forget to take this simple measure.
2. Make sure your doors, windows and land are secured.
There are many ways to keep burglars at bay. Motion detectors, solid laminated glass or doors armed with automatic locking systems are just a few examples.
3. Place valuable items away from windows so they can’t be seen from outside.
Don’t make your home more inviting for criminals!
4. Don’t advertise on social media when you go away on vacation.
Savvy criminals know what it means when they see photos of you tanning on the beach!
5. If you’ll be away for an extended period, make sure it looks like someone’s still home.
Leave a car in the driveway for example. Set the lights with a timer and ask someone to pick up your mail and mow your lawn.
6. Remain on guard if you live in a building with multiple units.
Close the entrance door behind you and never give strangers access to the building.
If you’re burglarized, call 9-1-1 immediately and then your insurance company.
Your insurance broker is there to help you prevent losses. Feel free to contact him or her!