Protection of personal information
At L'Unique General Insurance Inc., we respect your privacy, because we know how important it is to keep your personal information confidential and secure. That is why we have adopted a Personal Information Protection Policy (the Policy) and implemented safeguards to protect your personal information. This Policy and the safeguards we have implemented are founded on the following ten (10) principles of privacy:
- Accountability: L'Unique is responsible for the protection and the security of personal information that it holds. L'Unique shall appoint Privacy Officers who shall be accountable for L'Unique's compliance with the Policy and all applicable legislation.
- Identifying Purpose: When opening a file, L'Unique shall establish the purpose for which personal information is being collected.
- Limiting Collection: L'Unique shall only collect personal information that is necessary for the purpose of the file within the limits provided for by law.
- Consent: The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information concerning that individual, subject to certain exceptions provided for by law. Consent may be granted in writing, verbally, by electronic mail, through an authorized representative or implicitly.
- Use, Disclosure and Retention: Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for a purpose other than that for which it was collected, except as required by law or with the consent of the individual. Personal information shall be retained by L'Unique only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of that purpose. Personal information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purpose shall be destroyed, erased, or made anonymous according to the internal procedures of L'Unique.
- Accuracy: L'Unique shall make every reasonable effort to ensure that the personal information that it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date when it is used.
- Access and Correction: Upon written request of an individual and subject to certain exceptions provided for by law, L'Unique shall give the individual access to his or her personal information, shall provide an account of how it is being used and an account of any third parties to which it has been disclosed. The individual may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the personal information contained in his or her file and make a written request for correction.
- Safeguards: L'Unique protects individuals' personal information with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. L'Unique shall provide access to the personal information held in an individual's file only to employees, agents, mandataries and co-contractors who are qualified to access such information and does so only for the purposes required in carrying out their duties, mandate or contract.
- Transparency: L'Unique shall make available to all interested parties information on its policies and procedures concerning privacy. Upon request, L'Unique shall provide them with a copy of this Policy.
- Information and Complaints: Individuals may contact L'Unique to request information or file a complaint concerning its policies and procedures for protecting personal information.
Please feel free to contact us to find out more about our Personal Information Protection Policy.
L'Unique General Insurance Inc
625 Jacques-Parizeau St
Quebec QC G1K 0E1